Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Music

When I used to go for my music classes my teacher would teach a small section of the song and then would get us to practice for 10/15 minutes. On my way home from the class this small 'bit" will keep ringing in my ears and slowly will get into my system. The pleasure of going over the nuances of this small section of the song - alone - in my head was ecstatic.

I find it difficult to play a casette and listen to one song after the other, even if they are my favorites. I want to have music in small doses and let it play in my head and enjoy that pleasure. Is this fast paced world that has made us miss these slow, intense happiness through our senses??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't know much about music, but as to the fast paced world...so true. I am fooling myself thinking that I am multi tasking and keeping up with everything, but end result nothing gets done properly :(

Paavai said...

WA - sailing in the same boat with you. Looks like we need to make conscious effort to slow down and enjoy life's every moment of joy.